There are several ways to find electric vehicle charging points in the UK:
- Use an EV charging app: There are several smartphone apps available, such as Zap-Map and PlugShare, which show the locations of charging points and provide real-time information on availability and pricing.
- Check your vehicle’s navigation system: Many electric vehicles have a built-in navigation system that includes charging point locations. However, these can go out of date quickly unless there’s a way of updating them.
- Check with your local council: Some local councils in the UK have their own charging point maps or information on where to find charging points in their area.
- Scotland’s charging points are available on the ChargePlaceScotland website
- Check with your charging provider: If you have signed up with a specific charging provider, they may have an app or website that provides information on their charging points and other partner charging points.
- Some other websites such as Carwow have interactive maps.
- Google Maps shows charging points.
- Look out for signage when on the road
- Many shopping centres and the odd petrol station have EV charging spots