Lorry and bus drivers
From 10 April, the changes will:
- remove the need for 8-forward gear ratios for large test vehicles (category C, C+E)
- let people who take a lorry or bus test (category C, C+E and D, D+E) in an automatic vehicle to get a manual entitlement for those vehicles, if they already have a manual entitlement for cars, lorries or buses, with or without trailers (category B, B+E, C, C+E, C1, C1+E, D, D+E, D1+E)
From 10 April, the following changes are being introduced to allow more flexibility:
- reduce the minimum engine power requirement for medium motorcycles (category A2) from 25kW to 20kW
- let drivers of cars to also drive large trikes above 15KW power if aged 21 or over
There will be more changes from 31 December 2018, where DVSA will:
- raise the minimum engine power requirement for large motorcycles (category A) from 40kW to 50kW
- introduce a minimum mass weight requirement for large motorcycles (category A) of 175kg
If you are learning your lorry theory, click here.
If you are learning your passenger vehicle theory, click here.
If you are learning your motorcycle theory, click here.